We built an amazing product, filed for an epic patent, and everyone who sees it loves it. The only problem? Now we need to sell it. That’s where you come in!
We seek an amazing business development and sales leader to finalize and execute a go-to-market strategy and close our first revenue deals. Thereafter, you’ll lead sales and business development as we grow the business across B2B and B2C segments. This could expand to include growing and managing your own sales team. We’re an international team of scrappy, entrepreneurial thinkers based in Munich, Germany. We have engineering and product leaders, but seek someone who brings business and sales savvy to complete the team.
- Business Development and Sales
- Reporting to
- Employment Type
- Base salary
- Munich, Germany
The Ideal Candidate
Skills & Experience
- Building and closing a pipeline of B2B and B2C customers.
- Developing and tuning go-to-market through customer interviews and experimentation.
- Experience in energy/utility space a plus.
- Experience in residential/commercial property management a plus.
- Experience with electrical vehicle charging systems a plus.
- Interacting with the C-suite -- whether customers, partners, or suppliers.
- Development of a logistics pipeline from manufacturing to warehouse to customers.
- Business German required.
- Self-starter who thrives on creating clarity from chaos.
- Comfortable with the chaos and ambiguity of a typical early-stage startup.
- Proactively identifies and fills gaps, regardless of job description.
- Team player and a collaborative negotiator.
- Not afraid to learn on the job.
- Strong predisposition towards continuous improvement, automation, and scaling.
- Build and execute go-to-market strategies for B2B and B2C segments.
- Develop, test, and iterate commercial models.
- Identify, establish, and nurture strategic partnerships with industry players.
- Liaise with CEO and product/engineering team as needed to ensure alignment between commercial requirements and product capabilities.
- Distill insights gained from customers into feedback on product strategy and roadmap.
- Establish a beachhead sales function in advance of a fully-staffed sales team.
- Once staffed, implement national sales plans and supervise regional sales managers.
Benefits & Compensation
- Commensurate with experience.
- This is a ground floor position with almost limitless potential to grow.
- As an early-stage, bootstrapped startup, you should be comfortable with delayed compensation with a strong future upside potential.
HeyCharge GmbH is an early-stage startup based in Munich, Germany. The company formed in early 2020 with a singular mission: to put a charging station in every apartment building, home, retailer, or hotel parking space. We love and live electric mobility, and see availability of infrastructure as the key challenge — and opportunity — as e-mobility moves from leading-edge to mainstream. The company is based on joining environmental impact alongside profitability as core KPIs, and we’ll continue to prioritize these together. We’re an international team with a strong cultural affinity to Google and the Silicon Valley. We seek ambitious, self-motivated, digital-native colleagues who will thrive in our distributed, highly-connected working atmosphere.